How to make tofu at home?
Ingredients per kilo:
– 2 kilos of soybeans.
– 50 g of calcium sulfate.
– 20 liters of water.
White tofu, once done. It can be eaten in different ways
– Allow the soybeans to soak overnight.
– Grind them and add 20 liters of water, forming a liquid mixture
– Boil for 30 minutes in a tightly covered pot.
– Allow to cool until the temperature reaches 60 º C.
– Melt 50 grams of calcium sulfate in a tablespoon of water.
– Stir well the soybean paste shaking the pot by the handles.
– Add 50 g of calcium sulfate to coagulate soy milk.
– Filter cheese on top of a cloth to remove the serum.
– Place a wooden plate on the cheese and put a weight on top of it to completely remove the excess of liquid.
– Leave the cheese in a bowl of clear water for 30 minutes to clean thoroughly.
– Remove from water and place it into a serving dish.
Ways to serve it
– It has the same culinary possibilities that cheese made from cow’s milk.
For example, it can be used fresh in salads. It can be eaten fresh as a dessert.
You can make cakes or sweets and also you can also use it for cooking, fried, etc.
*Some tofu ways of cooking it :