Buckwheat and apple cream
BUCKWHEAT AND APPLE CREAM RECIPE
- 1 cup of buckwheat, crumpled *
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- Diced apple, dressed with lemon juice so it does not become brown.
- Orange zest
(*) In traditional porridge dishes, grain is ground to advance from grains into large pieces. It can be prepared with whole grains, but it will be less thick.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C.
- Wash 3 times buckwheat grain in water to dislodge any dust that may contain. Mash it to break some beans and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar, juice of apple, diced apple, lemon zest, spice and buckwheat.
- Put in in single tubs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 120 º C. To get it well cooked, the liquid should cover all individual tubs, that's is to say, it must double the amount of buckwheat.
It is a sweet and delicious recipe. Similar to the traditional rice pudding, but with less cloying taste because this grain has a very mild flavor without much starch.
The fiber content and and starches will prevent us from eating something else between meals.
It is also a recipe suitable for coeliacs.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.