RECIPES OF DURIAN
Durian ice-cream recipe
- 250g. fresh frozen seedless durian pulp .
- 200ml. of whole milk. Some recipes also use coconut milk.
- 250g. whipped cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g. brown sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, mint, etc.. (to taste)
- Beat the durian with milk and spices in blender until forming a thick dough.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it forms a kind of pale and soft foam.
- Mix well above both preparations.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan, just until sugar is dissolved, and let it cool for 1 hour.
- When the mixture is cool, mix with whipped cream in gentle movements.
- Place in a bowl and leave in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and mix the ingredients again.
- Put back in the freezer overnight and serve.
This ice cream is a refreshing dish, sometimes consumed as dessert or snack during the summer months. Although it is high in fat (from cream) and sugar, this recipe can be included in moderation in a balanced diet.
* Another durian recipe: Durian milkshake
More information about durian in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.