How to make gnocchi
HOW TO MAKE GNOCCHI
Photo o f gnocchi
- Wash and peel the potatoes. It is preferable to use red skinned potatoes, firm and plump. They should not be budding.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the potatoes whole for 30 minutes with salt.
- Drain the potatoes, let them cool for 10 minutes and puree them with the help of the blender.
- Add the flour gradually, kneading with hands constantly.
- In a pre-floured board, place the dough and press it.
- Perform various beads thick as a thumb.
- Cut the dough into portions the size of a marble or a cherry tomato. Round shape with your hands and, with the help of a fork, you can sink the surface somewhat, so that the resulting cavity can save more sauce when we add it.
* Related Recipe: Gnocchi au pesto.
Typical Mediterranean cuisine. Gnocchi are a very energetic and nutritious food that provides calories and vitamins of group B, with energy function.
Because they contain less flour than a conventional pasta and the digestibility of the potato pulp is very high, it is better to digest that durum wheat pasta. People showing more digestive difficulties can take in moderation. They will probably tolerate it better than wheat dough because of the demulcent properties of potato.
It is an ideal dish for the diet of children, students, youth, athletes, adults, seniors and people with stress.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.