Diabetes in pancreatitis
PANCREATITIS AND DIABETES
FOOD FOR PANCREATITIS WHEN DIABETES
Suitable food for diabetes
DIABETES can be a complication in case of chronic pancreatitis. It occurs when the pancreas is so damaged that it loses its function to produce insulin.
People with this disease should have the supervision and advice of a qualified physician or nutritionist to better assess what should be the diet in each particular case.
Feeding scheme in pancreatitis with diabetes.
Tips for diabetes in pancreatitis
- Make 6 meals daily to distribute food during the day.
- Eat with virtually no fat (only olive oil should be used up to 30ml daily.)
- Cook in one of these ways: steamed, baked, microwaved, creams, purees, or preferably boiled.
- Take little oil or other type of fat in the preparations or dressings.
- This diet should be high in protein (a protein food at each meal,such as non-fat yoghurt, milk, soy beverage, cheese 0 %)
- Vegetables should accompany all dishes of rice or potato to balance the glycemic index: cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, beets, spinach, squash, etc..
- You can take fresh fruit or baked fruit.
- If more hungry, take these foods: nonfat yogurt, cheese 0 %, 2 rice cakes
More information about PANCREATITISin the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.