Pesto pasta with arugula
PESTO PASTA WITH ARUGULA
Ingredients for 2 people:
- Fresh Pasta: noodles, 200g.
- 6 cloves of garlic cut into thick slices
- 100g peeled and toasted pine nuts
- 200g of fresh arugula, washed and drained
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Put water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt to heat to boil the pasta.
- When the water starts to boil, put the pasta and cook for the right time according to the instructions written in the pasta bag.
- In a skillet, saute the sliced garlic in olive oil over medium heat until browned, do it slowly and add a pinch of salt.
- Place the clean, fresh arugula in a bowl for grinding. Also add the peeled and crushed pine nuts.
- Drain the pasta and add the fried garlic.
- Correct for salt and put it on a dish.
- Season with arugula pesto and pine nuts on top.
Did you know...
- Pasta is an excellent contribution of long absorption carbohydrates, that provide lasting energy and satiety, preventing to be hungry between meals. This energy also provides a reserve food for athletes before competition especially athletes performing marathons and endurance events. (Take at least 4 hours before exercise and chewing the food well).
- Garlic provides flavor to the dish, besides having allicin, allied to blood circulation, and a powerful anti-cancer.
- Arugula is a green leafy vegetables such as dandelion, which is characterized by containing many minerals (like all cruciferous) and vitamins (especially vitamin A), as well as zeaxanthin and quercetin phytochemicals, powerful natural antioxidants for cells. As we have not applied heat, this preparation has all the vitamin C from fresh leaves.
- Pine nuts are the dried fruits with more protein and high in essential fatty acids. Ideal for people who need energy or people with anemia. Combined with the arugula, they are an ideal supplement of iron, vitamins and minerals.
In short, a very energetic and nutritious dish for a balanced diet that can not be lacking in diets for athletes.
More recipes and information about rocket in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.