How to increase your appetite
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR APPETITE
PHYTOTHERAPY Medicinal plant preparations to diminish your appetite
Phytotherapy in the natural treatment of poor appetite involves the use of a number of plants for the following purposes:
- Appetizing plants to increase the feeling of hunger.
- Tranquilizing plants to help control stress and anxiety, two factors that can cause lack of appetite.
Among all the plants, we can mention the following:
Herbs and spices to stimulate your appetite
- Fennel: (Foeniculum vulgare) it helps digest food better, expels the gases and awakens the desire to eat (infusion of 20 g. Of dry fruits per cup of water. Take a cup of tea half an hour before meals)
- Cinnamon: (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) Its aroma stimulates the production of digestive juices increasing your appetite (Infusion of a spoonful of shredded cinnamon per liter of water. Drink a few glasses a day half an hour before meals)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum). Coriander has a great capacity to whet your appetite. In fact it is also used as a remedy for anorexia. (A couple of cups a day, before meals of the infusion of a pinch of coriander fruits per cup of water)
- Pepper (Piper nigrum) Pepper increases stomach acid secretions, so this pungent spice is used as appetizer and digestive. It is indicated for people with poor appetite. This spice also helps the gastric emptying and therefore can be recommended for healthy people with slow digestion. (Add a bit of pepper to your food. Maximum 5 g daily)
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) It stimulates digestion and whets the appetite being appropriate in cases of poor appetite or anorexia. Sprinkle a little nutmeg on the food after preparation and before being served
- Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) Its aromas stimulate the appetite and increase the production of saliva. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves or a piece of lime rind, 3 times a day before meals)
Bitter food to stimulate your appetite
- Bitter food is one of the main resources to whet you whet your appetite.
- Bitter taste stimulates appetite by acting on the hypothalamus and by increasing churning.
- Bitter drinks: Bitter tonics help stimulate your appetite. However, because they usually contain alcohol, you must be moderate in their use. Among the bitter principles some drinks with bitter principles we have beer, wine, liquor, gentian, tonic water, angelica liquor, etc..
- The use of alternative therapies can help reduce anxiety body, so it may help some people who do not eat for nervous problems.. Among the major therapies that can be used we can point out the following:
- Foot reflexology.
- Lymph drainage
- Relaxing massages.
- Flowers of Bach
More information on appetite and its natural treatment in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.