Herbal remedies to reduce your appetite
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plant preparations to diminish your appetite
Phytotherapy in the natural treatment of binge eating involves using a number of plants for the following purposes:
- Anorectic plants, which reduce the sensation of hunger.
- Tranquilizing plants, to help control stress and anxiety, two factors that influence the desire to eat excessively.
Infusions to diminish hunger
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) It may help decrease the stress that weight loss diets cause. (Infusion of a pinch of dried leaves in a glass of water for ¼ of an hour. (3 glasses a day)
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) Against any type of nervous disorder and depression – palpitations, cramps, vomiting, nervous exhaustion, stress, etc.. (Infusion of about 15 grams of the root of the plant that has been allowed to stand overnight)
Plant food that can reduce your appetite
Among all the plants, we can mention the following:
Pineapple can help you not to eat so much
- Pineapple (Ananas comosus) Because of its anorectic properties, pineapple helps eliminate hunger between meals at the same time being able to reduce appetite after each meal. (Finish your meals eating a slice of pineapple)
These properties are due to its content in the enzyme bromelain. Further, the bromelain helps to digest the proteins and fats, so it can be used for the treatment of obesity. Its richness in fiber, pectin and vitamin C and its low calorific values help perform this same function.
- Papaya (Carica papaya) It also contains another enzyme called papain with similar properties to bromelain. Besides papaya contains nicotine, a component that decreases hunger.
OTHER RESOURCES THAT HELP YOU TO EAT LESS
Eating foods rich in dietary fiber help to keep the stomach full and decreases appetite.
More information on appetite.
4 August, 2021