- 1 Natural remedies with avocado
- 2 PHYTOTHERAPY: Medicinal preparations with avocado
Natural remedies with avocado
Common English name: Avocado (tree) Avocado, Alligator pear (fruit). The word “avocado” comes from the Spanish aguacate
– Spanish / Castellano: Aguacate, palta.
The word “aguacate” comes from the Nahuatl “ahuacatl” (= testis)
The word “palta” comes from the Quechua and refers to the paltas, people living in a region north of Peru and southern Ecuador.
Other common names in other languages
– French / Français:: Avocatier
– Catalan / Català: Alvocat
– Basque /Euskara: Ahuakateondoa
– Galician/ Galego: Aguacate
– Portuguese / Português: Abacateiro (tree) abacado, loiro-abacate, louro-abacate (fruit)
– Italian / Italiano: Avocado
– Romanian / Română: Avocado
– Turkish / Türkçe: Avokado
– Dutch /Nederlands: Avocado
– German / Deutsch: Avocado
– Polish /Polski: Avocado
– Danish / Dansk: Avocadotræet (tree) Avokado (fruit)
– Norwegian /Norsk bokmål: Avokado
– Finnish /Suomi: Avokado
– Swedish /Svenska: Avokado
Scientific name: Persea americana L.
– Synonyms:Persea drymifolia, Persea edulis, Persea gigantea, Persea gratissima, Laurus persea, Persea nubigena, Persea persea,
Origin: It is native of Central America (Mexico and Guatemala), where it was already cultivated before the arrival of the Spaniards and was highly prized among the Maya and Aztec people.
Distribution: Today appears cultivated in many American countries, the main: United States, Mexico, Brazil, Kenya, South Africa, Israel and Spain.
Habitat: It is a plant that requires a very warm climate, so, in certain places, it should be grown in greenhouses.
Description of the avocado plant
Illustration of a branch of avocado
Avocado can about 20 m. tall, although, when cultivated, it is not allowed to grow more than 5 m.
Its leaves are evergreen, large (7 -. 40 cm long), dark green on the back and lighter on the bottom color.
There are approximately 400 varieties, so we can find fruits of different shapes and weights, which can reach up to 2 kg.
Photo of avocado (Persea americana), with the fruits and the leaves
– Carbohydrates (8%):
– Protein (2%): tryptophan, alanine
– Fiber (5%)
Photography of avocados
– Essential oil: Anethole (bark), perseitol (seeds)
– Organic acids: chlorogenic acid (fruit), tartaric acid (fruit)
– Phytosterols (fruit)
Summary- sheet of the properties of avocado
PHYTOTHERAPY: Medicinal preparations with avocado
Internal use remedies with abocado
– Intestinal parasites: The seeds are crushed to make a 5% decoction is used to eliminate intestinal parasites. (This preparation, because it contains cyanogenic component amygdalin, may be dangerous and it is always harmful in long treatments. It is not recommended in home medicine)
– Emmenagogue: To promote and regulate menstruation, take an infusion made from dried roots (For its saponin content, this preparation may be dangerous and it is always harmful in long treatments. It is not recommended in home medicine)
– Digestive system: Use the infusion of its leaves at 10% for treating gastritis and stomach pains (For its saponin content, this preparation may be dangerous and it is always harmful in long treatments. It is not recommended in home medicine)
At its properties must add its high content of vitamin E and glutathione, a powerful antioxidant very necessary for the proper functioning of the heart. These qualities make it an essential food in the diet for hypertension and, in moderate doses, in diabetes.
The anti-cholesterol medicinal values of avocado pulp are very-well recognised. Eating avocados regurlarly is the best way to control cholesterol (More information about food properties of avocado in the listing above)
External use preparations with abocado
Illustration of the plant, with the leaves, flowers and fruits
This makes avocado a good balm for the skin, ideal for treating many skin disordes, especially in cases of eczema and dermatitis. (We can combat them using a cream made with avocado pulp or by means of the external application of its oil)
These same preparations can be used for external treatment of other skin conditions, such as pimples, spots or scabs caused by psoriasis.
Apart from the emollient properties of its oil, we must mention its inflammatory properties that can be used to combat joint pain in painful conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout night attacks.
COSMETIC PROPERTIES OF AVOCADO
The soothing properties of avocado oil, extracted from its seeds, are used in the cosmetic industry as a common ingredient in many creams for skin and hair care .
A good and cheap remedy for maintaining a youthful face without wrinkles is to make a mask with avocado pulp and keep it before going to sleep for half an hour on your face.
Keep in mind that avocados are used extensively in cosmetics for skin care, especially for wrinkles.
Photography of the main remedies for skin beauty: aloe vera, avocado, cucumber, honey, yogurt and lemon.
– Dry skin: It consists of making a mask with avocado and keep bedtime for half an hour on the face. This treatment is indicated in menopause, when dry skin problems may occur. The avocado is ideal for the treatment of normal or dry skin, but should not be applied on oily skin.
– Dry hair
AVOCADO PROPERTIES VIDEO
More information on avocado.
31 July, 2020