Recipe with triticale flour
Prepare a pastry recipe with triticale flour
- 350 g whole wheat flour
- 150 g white wheat flour for bread
- 150 g triticale flour, triticale flakes, or another variation like oat flakes.
- 50 g brown sugar
- 75 g butter or 50 ml olive oil
- 75 ml honey or maple syrup
- 1 natural yogurt
- Cinnamon powder
- Corinthian’s raisin grape
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation of the pastries with triticale flour
- Mix the three types of flour, sugar, yeast and a pinch of salt. Add the natural yogurt and beat well.
- Dilute the honey with a little warm water and add.
- Add the butter or oil to the mixture.
- Spice with the cinnamon and vanilla. Mix until a homogeneous mass is formed. Add warm water or milk if necessary.
- Once the dough is obtained, add the currants.
- Cut pieces of dough and round them into small buns.
- Let stand for 40 minutes at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place on a previously greased baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. It does not require long cooking because the buns are small and cook early.
This delicious recipe, like all bakery products, is rich in sugars, carbohydrates and fats (from sugar, flour and butter respectively). However, in the balanced portion they are perfectly compatible with a healthy, varied diet and above all, nice.
We recommend using whole wheat flour (with more fiber) to balance the recipe, which is not noticeable in the taste.
The effect on the body will undoubtedly be energizing and pleasant. However, nothing will excuse us from taking a little walk to “lower” this delicious little sin.
More information on triticale recipes
10 December, 2021