Recipe with triticale flour
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 200 g triticale flour
- 75 g butter or margarine
- 100 g whole sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 150 ml (just over half a glass) banana puree (mashed banana)
- Currants to taste (very sweet) or goji berries hydrated in water (acid-sweet flavor)
- 1 sachet of yeast
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- Chocolate chips (optional).
- Mix the dry ingredients: the two types of flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In another container, make the banana puree and add the butter, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the raisins / goji berries / chocolate chips and mix.
- Add flour if necessary to obtain a drier texture. Knead on a surface with flour until there is a flat dough of the thickness that we want the cookies.
- With the help of a glass or another type of container or mold, make the shape of the cookies that we want.
- Place on previously greased parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180ºC until golden brown.
- (Optional) garnish with chia seeds on the top, or with goji berries.
This delicious recipe, like all biscuit products, is rich in sugars, carbohydrates and fats (from sugar, flour and butter respectively). However, in the balanced portion they are perfectly compatible with a healthy, varied diet and above all, nice.
Its healthy qualities can be attributed to the magnesium present in cocoa. Butter is a source of vitamins A and D; and flour is a good source of vitamin B1 or thiamine, and other B group vitamins, which help to nourish the nervous system.
We recommend using whole wheat flour (with more fiber) to balance the cookies, which is not noticeable in the flavor.
The effect on the body will undoubtedly be energizing and pleasant. However, nothing will excuse us from taking a little walk to “lower” this delicious little sin.
More information on recipes with triticale
2 March, 2023