Recipe and properties of a salad with a lot of vitamin C
Why to eat salads with food rich in vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin found in fruits and vegetables that are eaten raw, as it is destroyed by heat (during cooking, for example). For this reason it is important that we always accompany our meals with fruit or salads, which provide this antioxidant.
Besides being rich in vitamin C, the following recipe contains beta carotene and a valuable contribution of carbohydrates provided by corn. Ideal to accompany any dish or to share in the center of the table.
In addition, the intense color of the salad (the red beet or the green of the leaves), denotes its richness in phytochemicals, vegetable components that help maintain the health of our body.
RECIPE OF GREEN SALAD WITH BEET AND RADISHES
Ingredients of a salad rich in vitamin C
- Leaves of lettuce, escarole, arugula, lemon balm,bladder champion, etc.
- Cold boiled beet
- Canned corn
- Canned olives
- olive oil
Elaboration of a salad rich in vitamin C
- Clean the leaves of the salad well and drain. Cut the largest leaves.
- Arrange the leaves in a salad bowl.
- Drain the corn in a can and place it on top.
- Cut the radishes into slices and arrange them distributed by the salad.
- Peel the skin of the beet and cut it into pieces. If you have acquired the boiled beet, it is not necessary to peel it because the skin has already been removed. Add to the salad.
- Add the olives, dress with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
How to serve a salad rich in vitamin C
Serve as an entree or accompaniment
More information on vitamins.
4 May, 2021