DIET SOURCES OF INOSITOL
Soy lecithin is the plant-based food that contains the most inositol
Sesame seeds have a lot of inositol
Lentils are very rich in inositol
Among the foods that contain inositol we can highlight:
– Food of animal origin:
- Pork Meat
- Milk and dairy products (cheeses, yogurt, etc)
– Vegetarian food:
The main plant-based food you can get inositol from is soy lecithin. Lentils are very rich in this vitamin, just like sprouts.
- Whole grains: Whole grains are very good sources of this vitamin. Among them we can mention wheat, oats and rice. Other cereals with abundant quantities are corn, barley, and rye.
- Derivatives of whole grains: Corn flour, brown rice flour, whole wheat flour, oatmeal
- Seeds: Sesame seeds especially. The rest of seeds, such as sunflower and flax also contain this vitamin.
- Nuts: Especially walnuts. They also contain the rest of nuts such as hazelnuts, chestnuts, Brazil nuts, pistachios or almonds.
- Legumes: They are very rich in this component. Lentils and peas stand out among all of them. Legumes with high amounts are also chickpeas, soybeans, peanuts, sprouted soybeans and soy flour.
- Vegetables: Among these foods, celery and asparagus stand out.
- Fruits: Bananas stand out within this group. The content of the rest of the fruits is much lower. Among them the most prominent are apples, oranges, blackberries, blueberries, grapes and, especially, the juices of these fruits.
- Beer yeast
*Related information: Inositol properties
LISTS OF FOODS RICH IN VITAMINS
Foods rich in vitamin A
|Foods rich in vitamin B||Foods rich in vitamin C|
Foods rich in vitamin D
|Foods rich in vitamin E||Foods rich in vitamin K|
More information on foods
4 December, 2021