Why should we eat cereals?
CEREALS FOR CHILDREN
What are cereals?
Cereals are foods from the grain of Gramineae, a type of herbaceous plants that produce spikes.
Why are cereals important?
What cereals are the best?
Within cereals, whole grains are best, that’s to say, those that have not been refined. For example, whole wheat bread, brown rice, pasta. Whole grains are richer in nutrients.
We should try to choose whole grains over refined grains like white bread, refined flour, etc..
Bread is the ideal way to eat cereals. We have wheat breads, oat bread, barley bread, corn bread, etc.. It is always better to eat whole wheat bread
How many cereals should we eat every day?
Cereals should be part of every meal. We should consume them daily.
They can enter in our meals in the following way:
Cereals should be combined with legumes. In this way our bodies will produce high-quality proteins.
Eating pasta is another way to eat cereals.
Daily food combinations for a day, including cereals
- Breakfast and midmorning snack: Cereal + dairy product + fruit
- Lunch: Cereal + vegetable + protein +dessert (dairy product or fruit)
- Mid-afternoon snack: Cereal + dairy product or fruit.
- Dinner: Cereal + vegetable + protein +dessert (dairy product or fruit)
How many cereals should we take every day?
We should eat 6 to 8 servings daily.
* See: servings of cereals.
|TO REMEMBER: CEREALS|
More information about nutrition.
21 November, 2021