Herbal remedies for pimples
Phytotherapy. Medicinal plant preparations to clear the skin from pimples
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of pimples involves using a number of plants whose primary objectives will be:
- Bactericidal plants to eliminate germs.
- Plants that help clean the affected area fat
- Plants that reduce fat production in the area
Internal use preparations with medicinal plants to treat acne
In internal use, we recommend the use of depurative plants that are able to remove toxins from the body and improve skin health. The skin is an organ that often manifest how is our whole body health.
More information about depurative plants
External use preparations with curative herbs for acne
- Grape (Vitis vinifera) Used externally, the grape is a very interesting cosmetic for the protection and beautification of the skin because it is one of the best moisturizers, able to hydrate the skin and recover it from the effects of dryness. (Make a mask with the pulp of this fruit and spread it on the skin for 20 or 30 minutes)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) Treatment for boils or pimples with marshmallow makes these diminish in size and dry faster.. (Boil a handful of roots in water for 10 to 12 minutes. Moisten with liquid and put a gauze over the affected area)
- Carrot (Daucus carota) It can be used externally to cure skin problems like eczema, wounds or sunburn. It is useful to mitigate the destructive action of ultraviolet rays, reason why it takes part in the composition of many sunscreens. (A mask of carrot pulp for half an hour also favors the smoothness of the skin)
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Horsetail is very rich in silicon which is very effective in the treatment of skin diseases. Silicon helps regenerate the skin making it to have a smoother appearance. (Maceration of 100 g of horsetail with 8 drops of lemon juice in one liter of alcohol at 40 º for 1 month. Dilute with water to 50% and massage the affected areas twice a day)
- Linden (Tilia europaea, T. platyphylos, T. cordata) One of the most used against “Nerve problems” (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take 3 or 4 glasses a day, depending on your condition)
- Billberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Antiinflammatory properties of this plant helps to reduce inflammation of pimples and facilitates their healing and therefore improves the appearance of the skin in persons affected by this manifestation of acne. (Decoction of three tablespoons of dried fruits per liter of water for 15 minutes. Cool and clean the affected area with the resulting liquid, once in the morning and evening)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) This same treatment can be very useful in the treatment of acne, being able to reduce blackheads, pimples, or papules.
- Birch (Betula alba) When the skin is affected by imperfections such as freckles, blemishes, pimples, etc. astringent properties of birch are very effective to remedy all these anomalies. (Clean the area with the liquid resulting from from the decoction for 20 minutes of 5 tablespoons of shredded dried leaves per liter of water. Do it in the morning after getting up and in the evening before going to bed) (In internal use, It is effective to drink birch sap obtained by incision on the bark during the month of March. The effective dose is situated on about 100 cc / day)
(Brassica oleracea) For skin conditions, pimples, pustules, blisters, burns… etc, cabbage exerts a tonic value on the skin, especially when mixed with a little olive oil. (Crush some cabbage fresh leaves and apply them as a poultice on the affected area of skin)
Papaya(Carica papaya) The proteolytic and bactericidal properties of papaya are useful in removing pimples or blackheads or to prevent acne. (Apply some papaya juice on the affected skin and keep it for 15 minutes. Then clean it with cold water)
- Oats (Avena sativa) to remove many skin imperfections such as pimples, blackheads, acne, etc. we can make a mask with a paste made with 5 tablespoons of oatmeal in a tablespoon of honey. Stir and add two egg whites. Apply as a mask over your face for 30 minutes.
- Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) Topical application of evening primrose oil reduces pimples and acne inflammations in general.
- Arnica (Arnica montana) Clean the affected area with the liquid resulting from the infusion of one teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Place a few drops of arnica tincture in a cup of water and clean the area with a cloth.
- Echinacea (Echinacea spp) It reduces symptoms of acne in all its manifestations and prevents their infection. (Drench the affected area with some liquid from the fresh plant) (Dilute a few drops of tincture in water and apply a gauze over the affected area)
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) The astringent properties of this tree can be used for external treatment of acne. It can help eliminate many symptoms of acne such as blackheads (Apply a compress soaked with the liquid resulting from the decoction for ten minutes of three tablespoons of crushed twigs per liter of water)
Internal remedies for pimples
More information about skin remedies.
20 February, 2021