Curative remedies with oats
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF OATS
Phytotherapy: Healing remedies made with oats
yogurt with oats
The main healing properties of oats are the following:
- Sedative: Oats contain an alkaloid called avenine that provides sedative effects on the nervous system. Eating oatmeal can help people with nervousness, insomnia, stress or anxiety. (Take oats usually in the diet)
- Eating cravings: Oats are rich in soluble fiber (betaglucans). Soluble fiber in contact with water increases in size and produces a feeling of satiety that helps to reduce the sensation of hunger. It also contains the avenine alkaloid, with reassuring properties. (Take a glass of water in which you have allowed to macerate a couple of tablespoons of flakes or oat bran for a few hours)
It can be used as an adequate remedy for not eating so much, especially suitable in cases where there is an uncontrollable craving for eating sweet or diets to lose weight.
- Hyperactivity: Oats and preparations such as porridge is a highly recommended alternative to sugary cereals for children, especially when there are problems of poor school performance, lack of attention in class or hyperactivity.
- Respiratory apparatus: Very useful for the treatment of respiratory diseases in which action is required and mucolytic expectorant allowing for the dissolution of the mucus and their expulsion. Cough, bronchitis, etc. (Decoction of 4 tablespoons of seeds in two liters of water until the water evaporates to half. Drink two glasses per day in divided doses) (It can be eaten in the form of porridge)
- Cholesterol: Many studies have shown the role of fiber in the prevention and control of high cholesterol. Oatmeal is very rich in both soluble and insoluble type fibers, making it suitable for the treatment of cholesterol. In one study, Dr. Anderson verified these effects satisfactorily in his own person: With habitual consumption of oats, he saw that after a few weeks of consuming this cereal in abundance, his cholesterol dropped from 285 to 175
- Heart health: It has been shown that the daily intake of 3 grams of beta-glucans (about 3 servings of oatmeal flakes) reduces cholesterol. It is especially recommended for people with heart problems, hypertension or poor circulation to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular accidents associated with excess cholesterol.
- Diabetes: On the other hand, this slow absorption of the carbohydrates of oats, allows a greater control of sugar levels, which determines that this cereal can be eaten by diabetics without having sudden rises of sugar. (Oats for diabetes)
- Constipation: Its fiber stimulates peristaltic or intestinal movements, helping to accelerate transit. It also has a prebiotic effect by stimulating the growth of healthy bacteria in the intestine. These properties are increased when combining oats with yogurt or foods with probiotics, that is, foods that contain healthy bacteria that protect the intestine.
- Hemorrhoids: Because of its insoluble fiber content, it is very beneficial for people with hemorrhoids when increasing the volume of feces and facilitating their expulsion.
- Stones in the gallbladder: While making its passage through the intestinal tract, the fibers of oats capture bile, cholesterol and waste, which is subsequently excreted, helping to purify the gallbladder and prevent stones in the gallbladder and colic. It is very suitable for people with cholecystectomy, to improve the effects of the operation. (Take oats in the diet)
Preparations with oats plant
- Diuretic: The silicon content of this plant increases the production of urine and allows to eliminate uric acid, reason for which it is used in the treatment of gout and other diseases related to problems of elimination of liquids: rheumatic diseases, problems of urination, etc. (Decoction of dried plant 5 tablespoons per cup of water for 30 minutes. Take a couple of glasses, divided into several doses throughout the day)
- Fertility: The oat extract (available from herbalists) appears to promote increased male fertility (Take the product according to the prospectus conditions)
- Quit smoking: Extract of oats is being used as an aid to quit smoking. (Use according to information leaflet)
Oats in external use: Hair care and skin health
Wild oats photo
- Psoriasis: Very interesting to treat this disease and to improve the itching that it habitually produces (Place in a cloth bag 10 tablespoons very lumpy oatmeal and place in water bath)
- Scabies: The same preparation is desirable to reduce the itch of scabies.
- Urticaria: Also it is effective for the treatment of the urticaria.
- Dermatitis: Oatmeal is very useful to relieve itching. Apply a cold oatmeal with water to the affected area. To do this you use the liquid from the infusion of a half cup of oats per liter of water. Squeeze the mixture to remove the liquid and cover with the compress.
- Mask for skin care: In order to eliminate many imperfections of the skin, like pimples, blackheads, acne, etc a mask can be made with a paste made with five tablespoons of oatmeal in a tablespoon of honey. Stir and add two egg whites. Cover the face for 30 minutes. Oats are used in cosmeticin a very usual way for the care of the skin, for nutritious masks or very interesting creams. (See also Masks for the acne)
- Rheumatic pains: To relieve the pain caused by rheumatic diseases can mix some oatmeal with vinegar then boiled until it becomes pasty. Place on affected area. This same treatment can be used to mitigate the severe pain of low back pain.
- Sunburns or burns: Oats flour cataplasm on the burn.
More information on oats.
29 August, 2022