GRIBICHE SAUCE RECIPE
- 200ml. mayonnaise made with egg.
- 23 tablespoons pickled capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickled gherkins, chopped
- 1 onion, shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs: chervil and tarragon. There are variations with coriander, parsley, samphire, etc.
- Half a teaspoon of mustard sauce
- Prepare the mayonnaise. Commercial mayonnaises can also be used..
- Clean and finely chop all ingredients. Our cutting size and texture will provide the final mixture lumps.
- Add the herbs to mayonnaise and mix well. Add mustard and salt.
- Store in a refrigerator.
- Serve decorated with tarragon leaves or chopped pickle slices.
- Best before three days.
* Important: keep refrigerated. Egg sauces (like mayonnaise) that are not preserved in cold, may be affected by salmonella and cause food poisoning.
Properties of gribiche sauce
The bearnaise sauce contains:
- A high caloric content. Near 50kcal 5g per teaspoon.
- Vitamin A, good for skin and eye health;
- Vitamin D, important for calcium to be absorbed into the bones and prevent osteoporosis. This vitamin is often deficient in vegetarian diets. (* More information: Vitamin D Deficiency in vegetarian diets.)
- Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant in our body fat. Prevent memory loss, dementia and Parkinson (the brain is composed of fat);
- Vitamin K, which regulates blood clotting.
Therefore, all foods, including fatty sauces, fit into a healthy eating plan, when consumed in moderation.
More recipes and information on tarragon properties
1 June, 2021