Natural treatment for tonsillitis
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plants to treat tonsillitis
- Aloe: (Aloe vera L.) (Garglings with juice, diluted in water)
- Liquorice: (Glycyrrhiza glabra) In addition to its antibacterial properties, licorice has anti-inflammatory and soothing to the respiratory mucous membrane so that its root is very suitable for the treatment of respiratory ailments such as sore throat, cough, chest cold loaded, etc. (Make a decoction with a teaspoon of dried root per cup of water. Take three glasses per day maximum) (See possible toxicity in the complete study of the plant)
- Linden: (Tilia sp) (Gargling with the resulting liquid of the infusion of a teaspoon of dry flowers per water cup)
- Alder: (Glutinous Alnus) (Gargling with the cooking for a quarter-hour of 60 gr. of dry bark per liter of water.)
- Anise: (Pimpinella anisum) (Mixed infusion of with equal parts of half a teaspoon of crushed anise fruits and leaves of marshmallow, mint and sage. Make gargles)
- Cinnamon: (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) (gargle with the liquid from the infusion of half a teaspoon of shredded cinnamon per cup of water)
- Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa) (Take an aronia supplement)
- Clove: (Eugenia caryophyllata) In case of sore throat with pus and inflammation, it is advisable to gargle with liquid from a few drops of essential oil in one liter of water.
- Agrimony: (Agrimony eupatoria L.) (Gargling with the decoction of a handful of dried leaves in one liter of water sweetened with honey.) (Infusion of 40 gr. of the dried plant per liter of water. 2 cups per day)
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) Hyssop has anti-inflammatory, antitussive and antibiotic properties to treat tonsillitis.
- Birch: (Betula alba) It is a good astringent and antiseptic, making it useful for the treatment of angina (Make gargles with the liquid from the decoction for 10 minutes of a tablespoon of dried bark per cup of water drops of lemon)
Date palm (Phoenix canariensis) For its content of magnesium and niacin, the decoction of dates helps to overcome the pain of tonsilitis and decreases the size of the tonsils. (Make a decoction for 10 minutes, 4 dates in a glass of water. Allow to cool a bit and make gargling with the liquid)
- Comfrey: (Symphytum officinale) (Garglings with the decoction of a teaspoon by root by water glass, sweetened with honey. Do not swallow the liquid)
- Echinacea (Echinacea spp.) (1000 mg daily supplement of echinacea in 5 doses)
- Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) Externally the astringent properties of this plant can be used in the treatment of sore throat, mouth sores, swollen gums, etc. (Decoction during ¼ of hour of 5 spoonfuls of dry leaves by liter of water. Let it stand for 15 minutes. Make gargling or rinsing with the liquid)
- Blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum) In external use, tannins possess astringent and antibacterial properties making them ideal for the treatment of inflammation caused by infectious processes. The juice of the fruits of this plant used as a gargle is very suitable for the treatment of tonsillitis, pharyngitis, mouth sores, etc.
- Portuguese lavender/Lavender (Lavandula officinalis, lavandula latifolia) (Gargling performed with the infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Flax (Linum usitatissimum) (Infusion in cold water 5 g of dry seeds per cup of water, left overnight.)
- Mint: (Mentha x piperita) (Gargling with the liquid from the decoction of 30 g of dried plant per liter of water)
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) (Decoction of a teaspoon of bark per quart of water for 10 minutes. Gargling with the liquid from the decoction)
Papaya (Carica papaya) Gargles with papaya juice are adequate to combat the sore throat and diminish pus and inflammation.
- Arnica (Arnica montana) Perform mouthwashes fluid from the infusion of one teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Dilute 20 drops of tincture in a glass of water and rinse. (Do not swallow the liquid)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) (Gargling with the cofoundation of a handful of dry leaves in a liter of water,sweetened with honey.)
- Mallow: (Malva sylvestris) (gargling with the decoction of the flowers and dry leaves)
- Holm oak (Quercus ilex) (garglings with the decoction of dry bark)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) Gargling with the resulting liquid of a decoction of 10 minutes of a handful of dried root in a liter of water.
- Walnut (Juglans regia) (10% infusion of dried leaves in a liter of water. Make gargles)
- Elder: (Sambucus nigra L.) (Garglings with the infusion of 20 gr. of dry flowers in a liter of water.)
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) (Gargling with the resulting liquid of 1 teaspoon of dry plant per water glass)
- Violet: (Viola odorata) Gargles with an infusion of dried flowers help to reduce swollen tonsils and sore throat. (Make gargles with the infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
- Blackberry: (Rubus fruticosus) (Decoction of two spoonfuls of dry leaves by liter of water during 10 minutes. Gargling with the resulting liquid of the decoction)
15 September, 2023