Herbal remedies for scabies
Phytotherapy: Medicinal plant remedies to combat scabies
Phytotherapy for scabies implies using a series of plant external remedies focused on the following targets:
– Anti scabic plants, to kill the mites causing this infection.
– Antiseptic plants, to prevent possible infections.
– Anti itching plants to reduce the skin discomfort.
Medicinal plants for scabies
Among all the suitable plants we can distinguish the following:
– Garlic (Allium sativum) Its bactericide properties make it a good disinfectant against animal bites or stings especially from insects.
Also very useful for skin diseases, mainly infectious ones, such as fungi, ulcers or wounds.(Moisten the affected zone with a compress, soaked in garlic tincture or simply rub with the juice of a tender clove of garlic. I can also be use to fight scabies (Rub the affected zone with an smashed onion in olive oil.
Do not apply on the rest of the skin, since it can produce a sore on the skin) (In external use, garlic can produce dermatitis to some people) (See contraindications an toxicity in the general study of the plant)
– Oats (Avena sativa) Oatmeal is very helpful to relieve itching. (Apply a cold compress of oatmeal soaked with water to the affected area. The liquid resulting from the infusion of a half cup of oats per liter of water can be used.) (Put 10 tablespoons of oatmeal in a very compact cloth bag and place it into the water bath)
– Spindle tree (Evonymus europaeus) (Decoction of 30 g. of fruit in one liter of water. Wash the affected area. The spindle tree is toxic for internal use!)
– Walnut (Juglans regia) It can be used to treat the skin diseases such as psoriasis, dermatitis, spots, itching, etc. (Decoction of a handful of nut shells in a liter of water until the water decreases by 50%. Wash the affected area with the resultant liquid)
– Olive tree (Olea europaea)To treat wounds, or whatever skin disease, such as scabies (Mix olive oil with black wine and honey. Put on the skin. (Also a decoction of 30 g. of dry leaves per litre of water. Wash the affected skin.) ((Rub the affected part with olive oil.) (Rub the affected part with olive oil.)
– Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium) Pennyroyal mint has more than 20 ingredients with antiseptic properties (menthol, thymol, cineole, carvacrol, sabinene, alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, etc.,), In external use, it can be used to treat scabies (Wash the affected area with the decoction of 30 g of dried plant per liter of water) (See toxicity of pennyroyal)
– Mango (Mangifera indica)The resin obtained by the exudation of the tree is used in India for the treatment of cracks in the skin of the feet. Also this substance is used externally in this country for the treatment of scabies.
– Sage: (Salvia officinalis) Because of its bactericidal and cicatrizant properties, it can prevent scabies sores to become infected (Wash the affected areas with the infusion of the dried plant.)
– Lavender: (Lavandula officinalis). Lavender oil has been used to combat scabies, resulting an effective alternative to the use of commercial chemical products. (Pour some drops of lavender oil in the water bath) (In case of small affected areas some lavender oil diluted in water can be applied directly)
More information about crab lice natural treatment.
24 January, 2021