FENUGREEK PROPERTIES FOR MUSCLES
FENUGREEK IN SPORT TO INCREASE MUSCLE MASS AND STRENGTH
A seed for athletes
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum - graecum) is the seed of a leguminous plant, native to the Western Mediterranean region. It is used as a seasoning in the cuisine of some Asian countries, such as India, Thailand and China.
This seed has become especially important in the bodybuilding world due to its content of amino acids, alkaloids and medicinal properties:
* More information: Diet for sports
Fenugreek increases muscle mass
Fenugreek contains many essential amino acids important for the synthesis, maintenance and repair of muscle tissue. Some of the amino acids involved are lysine and methionine, both of them essential amino acids that form carnitine and taurine.
Fenugreek powder is increasingly becoming more important within the supplements to increase muscle mass and strength.
Fenugreek improves athletic performance
This supplement helps regulate blood sugar, due to its content of 4-hydroxy - isoleucine present in the extract of fenugreek.
Scientific studies have shown that supplements of fenugreek extract increase muscle glycogen after exercise.
That is, they causes increased synthesis of energy reserves in the muscle (glucose), getting more energy, greater strength and endurance during sport.
Fenugreek. antioxidant and energizing
Fenugreek contains high doses of choline and flavonoids, being an antioxidant supplement in athletes.
Caution before taking fenugreek.
- Do not take fenugreek if you are on medication or are taking contraceptives.
- If you are diabetic, you can only follow this supplementation under medical supervision.
Fenugreek has a number of contraindications. (More information about toxicity in the listing above)
How to take Fenugreek?
- Capsules: 500 to 1,000 mg. before the main meal and the meal before training. Up to 3 grams daily. Start with low doses.
- Seed ground: if you have acquired the whole seeds, grind them before you take them as a supplement. Take the tip of a teaspoon before meals and before food training. It also can be introduced as food.
- Extract: Fenugreek extract is used in many sports supplements. Follow the instructions written on the package.
More medicinal properties and information on fenugreek in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.