Fenugreek protein composition
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is used in the world of sports supplements to increase muscle mass. This is due to the fact that its proteins are made up of certain amino acids that exert a beneficial function for the muscles and sports.
Functions of fenugreek amino acids
Due to its composition and properties, fenugreek extract is an increasingly common ingredient in sports preparations. Mainly, the amino acids that fenugreek contains are:
- 4-hydroxy-isoleucine: Amino acid difficult to find in food in quantities as high as it is found in fenugreek. This amino acid stimulates the secretion of insulin in the pancreas and helps regulate blood sugar levels and is also capable of lowering “bad” cholesterol (LDL), which has led to focus on fenugreek as an ideal dietary supplement for preparations sports rich in sugars.
- Leucine: essential amino acid involved in muscle recovery, repairs muscle and bone tissues.
- Isoleucine: essential amino acid that acts together with leucine. Involved in the maintenance and restoration of muscle tissue.
- Lysine: essential amino acid very important to develop various functions in the body. Among others, it is the precursor of collagen, a protein necessary to make muscle tissue. Along with methionine, carnitine synthesis is also involved.
- Arginine: non-essential amino acid, which helps muscle contraction and prevents cramps.
Composition of fenugreek proteins
|Composition of amino acids present in fenugreek seeds per 100g.
More information on fenugreek
23 March, 2022