SALAD RECIPE WITH LUPINS
Curly lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 10 g. canned lupins
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil for dressing
- A pinch of sea salt
- Wash the lettuce leaves and drain well.
- Cut the lettuce leaves for the salad.
- Cut the tomato into wedges.
- Wash and peel the carrot. Cut into slices.
- In a serving dish, place the salad leaves.
- On top, place the tomato wedges that we have cut and the carrot circles.
- Pass the lupins in water to remove excess salt. Drain and add to the salad.
- Drizzle with lemon juice for more vitamin C.
- Dress with olive oil and a little salt.
- Serve as a starter or side.
In general, salads are rich in vitamin C. This vitamin is an antioxidant and is found in fruits and vegetables eaten raw, as it is destroyed by heat (during cooking, for example).
For this reason it is important that we always accompany our meals with fruit or recipes like this one for salads, which provide us with vitamin C. Dressing with lemon juice is a way to add vitamin C to our diet.
For those who still do not know lupins, we highlight that they are a food very rich in vegetable proteins and lecithins. These components make them a very suitable food in times of growth, people with extra protein needs, for diet for athlets, a diet for joints, a diet for ligaments, etc.
Lettuce, in addition to its fiber content, contains essential oils with relaxing properties.
Flavonoids have received special interest in recent years for their properties to prevent cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancer.
In short, this recipe is recommended in any balanced diet, weight loss diets, fattening diets, low carbohydrate diets, menopausal diets, anemia diet, diet for athletes, diet for skin care, etc.
People with hypertension or who must follow a low sodium diet should not take lupins.
More information on natural foods and recipes
5 August, 2021