- 1 Natural remedies for cramps and stiffness
- 1.1 NATURAL TREATMENT OF CRAMPS AND STIFFNESS
- 1.2 Phytotherapy: Preparations with plants for cramps and muscle stiffness
- 1.3 Internal use remedies for cramps and stiffness
- 1.4 External use remedies for cramps and stiffness
- 1.5 Depurative infusions for cramps
- 1.6 Dried fruits diet to treat cramps and stiffness
Natural remedies for cramps and stiffness
NATURAL TREATMENT OF CRAMPS AND STIFFNESS
Phytotherapy: Preparations with plants for cramps and muscle stiffness
The main function of phytotherapy is to use herbal plants that are intended to:
- Relaxing tense muscle area.
- Relieving pain
In the case of feeling stiffness after a physical effort, we recommend a little of a light physical activity and baths with hot water.
Internal use remedies for cramps and stiffness
- Passion flower (Passiflora caeurulea) (Infusion of a couple of tablespoons of dried plant per half liter of water. Drink a couple of small cups a day) (Maceration of the desired amount of dry plant with the same amount of alcohol for a week. Filter and take about 25 drops per day)
External use remedies for cramps and stiffness
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Add to bath water 1 liter of fluid from the infusion of a handful of dried plant per liter of water. Take baths of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) It is considered that lime balances the nervous system, because in their oils there are calming essences.) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves three times a day, or infusion of the bark of key lime)
- Lycopodium (Lycopodium clavatum) Apply the dried plant in a piece of gauze over the painful area. Leave it on the area during sleep.
- Arnica (Arnica montana) Application of an arnica lotion or ointment on the painful area.
- Kumquat: (Fortunella spp) kumquat essential oil is rich in limonene, with sedative and tranquilizing properties. The tea leaves are used to treat cramps of nervous origin. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves three times a day or take the fruit in the diet)
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) In case of bumps, bruises, sprains, muscle tears, tendinitis, etc (Pour 70 drops of fluid extract per liter of water. We will apply the previous liquid through a pad or gauze over the affected area.)
- Apple (Malus domestica) Application of a lotion on the painful area with apple vinegar.
- Poplar (Populus nigra) Muscles can be rubbed with the liquid from the decoction for 15 minutes of a couple of tablespoons of dried buds per liter of water
- Guarana: (Paullina cupana) Extracts of guarana are used to tread cramps.
- Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) Because of coumarin, eugenol, phenol and salicylic acid, vanilla is a good remedy for muscle pain (Use vanilla as a food spice)
Vanilla pod, the part of the plant used as spice
- Cayenne pepper (Capsicum frutescens) The use of infusions of cayenne can help easing the pain. (Infusion of a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of hot water. Drink throughout the day in small sips)
The use of capsaicin is even more interesting; extracted from cayenne pepper, it is useful for the external treatment of pain. (Creams or ointments should be applied two or three times a day and it requires a few days to see the positive effects. If you do not improve within a few weeks or if a deterioration of patient conditions is shown, one must leave the treatment)
Depurative infusions for cramps
For the elimination of lactic acid, prepare a depurative infusion which will clean the muscle of toxins, relax the affected area and prevent the onset of stiffness and help us get rid of them. (See full study on diuretic or purifying plants.)
Dried fruits diet to treat cramps and stiffness
A diet rich in vegetables, especially abundant in dried fruits, provide adequate minerals to prevent cramping, like the annoying stiffness in the calves.
To increase the low levels of calcium, which deficiency usually leads to the appearance of leg cramps, it is very convenient to eat dry figs and especially hazelnuts, whose calcium content is very high.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|TABLE OF COMMON PAINS|
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscle pain||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
More information about cramps and stiffness.
12 May, 2021