Home remedies for fibromyalgia
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for fibromyalgia
The primary role of phytotherapy in treating fibromyalgia is to use plants that are intended to:
- Relax tension
- Alleviate pain
- Purify the body.
- Encourage sleep
Internal use preparations with medicinal plants for firomyalgia
- Willow: (Salix sp.) Because its salicin content, the principle of aspirin. (Decoction of a pinch (2 gr.) of the dried bark per cup of water. Take two or three cups a day. Children aged 4 to 10 halfdose) Do not take if allergic to aspirin. Longterm use may cause irritation of the stomach.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Ginger is one of the best antiinflammatory and analgesic remedies. Its ingestion reduces the pain of fibromyalgia (Swallow a couple of teaspoons of ginger powder spread over a toast twice a day. About 10 g)
- Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) Adding vanilla to your food or using vanilla in aromatherapy can be an effective aid for the treatment of this disease.
Vanilla pod, the part of the plant used as spice.
- Saint John’s wort: (Hypericum perforatum) It constitutes a good remedy for sore body especially those caused by rheumatism, gout, arthritis, sciatica, low back pain… etc (Infusion of a spoonful of flowering tops in one cup of water a couple of times day) Phototoxic plant. See contraindications
- Linden (Tilia sp) It is very useful to eliminate the headaches that have an emotional origin (Infusion of a teaspoon of flowering tops per cup of water. Take 3 cups a day)
- Valerian: (Valeriana officinalis) It eliminates the anxiety and promotes sleep. (Infusion of about 15 grams of the root of the plant, allowed to rest overnight)
- Cayenne pepper: (Capsicum frutescens) The use of infusions of cayenne pepper can help ease the pain. (Infusion of a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of hot water. Drink throughout the day in small sips)
- Passion flower (Passiflora caeurulea) infusions and tinctures of passionflower are adequate to prevent involuntary spasms caused by a nervous system under stress (Infusion of a couple of tablespoons of dried plant per 500 ml of water. Drink a couple of small cup a day) (Macerate the desired quantity of dried plant with the same amount of alcohol for a week. Filter and take about 25 drops per day)
- Yucca (Yucca filamentosa) Because the antiinflammatory properties of saponins (Take yucca extracts according to the patient’s leaflet)
- Purifying plants: they increase urination and they favor the expulsion of uric acid at the same time as they clear the joints (See detailed information)
External use treatments to reduce pain in fibromyalgia
- Rosemary: (Rosmarinus officinalis), thyme (Thymus vulgaris) and sage (Salvia officinalis): Very useful as muscle relaxants (Rub the painful area with a mixture of 10 drops of their essential oils in two tablespoons of Olive oil. Do not drink) (Add 20 drops to bath water. Taking a bath for 15 or 20 minutes) (Add to bath water Infusion of 3 tablespoons of dried plant in a liter of water. Take a bath for 15 or 20 minutes)
- Cayenne pepper: (Capsicum frutescens) The use of capsaicin, extracted from cayenne pepper, is very suitable for the external treatment of this disease. (Creams or ointments should be applied two or three times a day and require a few days to see the positive effects. If you do not experience improvement after a few weeks or even if a deterioration of you conditions occurs, you should discontinue treatment)
* Related information: Fibromyalgia recipes
More information on fibromyalgia.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
|Muscles and sinews|
|Muscular atrophy||Bones and joints|
|Spasms/ache/cramps||Back or spine ache|
|Muscle pain||Neck pain|
|Stomach ache||Period pains|
26 September, 2022