Home remedies for presbyopia
How to cure presbyopia with natural products
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for presbyopia
Phytotherapy in the treatment of presbyopia involves using a the following medicinal plants:
- plants that aim to protect eye cells
- Plants that can improve circulation to the eyes
- Plants to reduce eye strain or help delay it.
Which are the best plant remedies for presbyopia?
Among all the suitable plants we can mention the following:
- Black currant (Ribes nigrum) The ability of flavonoids to improve distance vision for nearsighted people has been proved. (Tincture or currant fruit syrup under the terms of the patient's leaflet. For sale in pharmacies or herbalists')
- Celandine (Chelidonium majus) Celandine decoctions for eye pads are one of the best remedies for tired eyes or presbyopia, ocular inflammation and conjunctivitis. Celandine is also effective against styes, which are inflammations of the glands of the eyelashes (A suitable decoction for the eyes with this plant is made with 15g. per liter of fresh leaves. Decoction for 2 minutes and apply with a pad or cotton).
- Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) It also has anti-inflammatory properties, it is adequate to reduce eye strain in eye conditions such as glaucoma or delay the onset of myopia and hypermetropia or prevent vision deterioration. (Make eye baths with towels soaked in the liquid from the decoction for 10 minutes of 100 grams of dried plant in a liter of water)
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) (Decoction of 60 g of dried plant per liter of water. Apply a wet towel over your eyes)
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) It is particularly suitable as a natural eye drops (15-minute infusion of a spoonful of dry flowers in a cup of water. Moisten a cloth and apply over eyes) (Do not administer in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever)
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) It can clean your eyes and relax them (Apply a compress soaked with the liquid from the infusion of a teaspoonful of dried plant per cup of water) (Available in pharmacies and herbalists'. Eyebright eye drops are applied to the eyes according to the patients' leaflet)
SUPPLEMENTS FOR PRESBYOPIA: Vitamins and minerals for presbyopia
The use of certain minerals or vitamins can help slow the onset of presbyopia or diminish its symptoms. The ingestion of these supplements, supervised by an ophthalmologist, may be complementary to conventional treatment. Among all of them, we could mention the following:
- Vitamin A supplements for presbyopia : Vitamin A is essential for vision. Deficiency of this vitamin may even lead to total blindness. Its antioxidant power is very interesting to keep your eyes in good condition, preventing diseases such as loss of vision, night blindness, hypermetropia, cataracts or glaucoma. It also helps the eyes to overcome bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis. (See more information in the study of vitamin A to know about the correct dosage and its potential toxicity)
- Zinc supplements for presbyopia: Zinc helps vitamin A to act.
- Supplements of bioflavonoids for presbyopia : They exert an antioxidant function and therefore they can help maintain your vision in good condition.
Other Naural Treatmets For Presbyopia
Among all of them, we could mention the following:
- Diet: A proper diet can help improve eye health or prevent its deterioration. (More information on presbyopia diet in the listing above)
- Acupuncture: The use of this technique focuses on the activation of eye muscles to facilitate eye focusing.
- Homeopathy: Some homeopathic preparations are used to improve this condition.
- Eye exercises: These are a series of exercises designed to retrain the muscles of the eyes to help focus correctly.
- Bates Method: Eye training exercises.
- Qigong: This is a type of Chinese herbal medicine. Some treatment plants are used to correct presbyopia.
- Acupressure: acupressure exercises that can improve vision.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.