What medicinal plants can children take?
Main home remedies for children
The main medicinal plants that can be used to treat the main ailments of children are summarized below. A list is proposed with the main affectations of children and the main plants used:
Remedies for coughs, colds and bronchitis in children
- Attention, it is important to note that you have to go to the pediatrician when the child wheezes when breathing, cough, chest, angina or snoring, which do not disappear or worsen with the days, to prevent this state from becoming chronic.
* More information: bronchitis in children
Remedies for diarrhea in children
A traditional remedy in these cases is the porridge with carob flour, which shortens the time of diarrhea.
* More information: Remedies for diarrhea in children
Remedies for constipation in children
- Important! DO NOT give laxative infusions.
One can also use massages for constipation and follow the advice to defecate shown in the article that is linked below:
* More information: Natural treatment of constipation
Remedies for gases in children
Remedies for infant colic
When it comes to babies, it is preferable not to give medicinal plants. A traditional remedy is to give the mother carminative plants, and it is assumed that a small part of these principles goes to the nursing baby. For example, in Italy, it is common for the mother to recommend eating a fennel bulb when the baby has colic.
* More information: Remedies for babies’ colic
19 March, 2019