Herbal treatment for colic in babies
Phytotherapy. Medicinal plants preparations for colic in infants
In the natural treatment of baby colic some medicinal herbs can be used with the following properties:
– Relaxant and antispasmodic plants which help lower abdominal strain as much as mental stress or anxiety that often manifests as abdominal pain.
– Carminative plants, which help expel gas, often responsible for bellyache.
– Digestive plants, that favor digestive processes
– Analgesic plants, which help reduce the pain caused by abdominal cramps.
Bottles with plants
Some plants, used in herbal medicine for adults, are also useful in treating colic in babies. They can be used in the same way than in adults, but any preparation must be very diluted with water and must be taken when warm, never hot. The way to take them is to include them in the bottle with the milk. Among all the possible herbs to be used, we can recommend the following
– Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla)
– Caraway (Carum carvi)
– Linden (Tilia x europaea)
|In babies with excessive gas, you can add a few tablespoons of caraway infusion to the milk bottle. This way you can relieve or prevent colic in babies.|
Baths for colic in babies
Compresses for colic in babies
Putting a compress on the painful strained abdominal muscle favors and reduces pain. You can simply apply a compress soaked in warm water, although it is more productive to make a tea with the aforementioned plants and wet the pad with the liquid.
More information about baby colic
19 October, 2020