What benefits does parsley provide for weight loss?
Is parsley suitable for weight loss?
Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) is an aromatic herb used abundantly in food. From a medicinal point of view, this plant has a whole series of components and properties that make it very suitable for people with obesity or who must lose weight.
Why eating parsley is suitable to lose weight?
Among all its multiple properties and applications that parsley has, some of them are beneficial if you want to lose weight because of the following effects:
- Refreshing: It is used as an infusion or drink that produces an increase in satiety, without increasing the caloric intake of the diet.
- Depurative at the blood level.
- Vasodilator action: This can also be beneficial against high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- Diuretic: Diuresis increases the elimination of liquids, the excretion of toxic from the organism, retention of liquids (cellulite), always with the relevant water intake.
- Against physical fatigue: It turns out to be an aid in the performance of physical exercise or sport, because it minimizes the symptoms of exhaustion, it promotes an increase in it.
- Slimming effects of vitamin C
How vitamin C from parsley is an aid to lose weight
Effects specifically attributable to its high vitamin C content , also provide beneficial properties to lose weight, such as:
- It is necessary to develop activities that involve movement, which will help promote physical exercise, essential to lose weight in a healthy way without losing muscle mass.
- The more activity or physical exercise we do the more we should increase the consumption of vitamin C, to avoid oxidation processes, the formation of free radicals and their effects.
- Because of its reinforcing action on the walls of blood vessels, in addition to preventing the accumulation of cholesterol, it will also help to lose weight.
- It is involved in the synthesis of carnitine that has an oxidative effect of fats: By means of stimulating the process of burning our body’s fats, to use them for the production of energy destined for cells and, at the same time, losing weight by decreasing our adipose tissue .
More information on parsley
13 November, 2020