SATURATED FAT DIABETES
Nutrition guide for diabetes
SATURATED FAT IN DIABETES DIET
Dangerous food for diabetes
What foods should diabetics not eat? Foods not recommended for high blood sugar
We can say that the following foods are not appropriate in the diabetes diet:
- Foods with rapid absorption of sugar: sugary foods like candy, cakes, sugary drinks, chocolate or sweets. Within this group we should also include plant foods rich in sugars (grapes, dates and figs) and dry fruits whose sugars are too concentrated. One or other should be eaten sparingly. Avoid canned fruit in syrup.
Some of these foods might be needed urgently in case of hypoglycemia or low blood sugar in patients with diabetes mellitus or insulin-dependent diabetes type I.
- Animal or plant foods rich in saturated fats: They raise cholesterol and contribute to obesity. Within this group we have fatty meats, sausages, whole milk or its derivatives (cheese, butter, yogurt, custard, etc.)
- Special foods for diabetics? Many dietitians would not recommended them, either because they limit the wide range of foods that people with diabetes can choose or because of its real high fat content.
- Foods high in salt? People with diabetes have an increased predisposition to hypertension. Ingestion of foods high in salt can increase blood pressure. Therefore, it is better for these patients to choose a diet of low salt foods.
- Alcohol for diabetes? Alcohol should be avoided in the diet of the diabetes.
More information about foods recommended for diabetes and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.