- 1 How to make natural glycerin soap at home
How to make natural glycerin soap at home
GLYCERIN SOAP RECIPE
Ingredients, utensils and equipment:
- 1 bar of glycerin (a)
- Olive oil (b)
- Medicinal herbs (chamomile, lavender, etc.) (c)
- Natural colors (crimson, saffron, mint, etc) (d)
- Natural flavors (scents of coconut, rosemary, essence of jasmine, orange, etc.) (e)
- – 1 pan to heat (f)
- 1 smaller plastic container as above (g)
- 1 source of heat (electric stove, gas, kitchen, etc.) (H)
- Silicone molds. (I)
- Knife (j)
- Paper towels, felt or cloth (k)
- Sticks to remove (l)
HOW TO MAKE IT?
Blend glycerin to Bain Marie:
- Cut the glycerin into small pieces.
- Place a pan over the fire with water.
- Place the pieces in a plastic container. Place the container with the pieces of glycerin into the water. Light the fire and let it slowly dissolve to BainMarie.
- Go on stirring from time to time in a circular way, without hitting it from top to bottom to avoid bubbles.
Prepare the silicone molds
While the pieces are melting
- Spread the silicone molds with a wick of paper or cloth dipped in Olive oil. In this way you ensure that the glycerin soap can be taken out from molds easily once cold.
- Add the desired herbs into each mold.
- Pour the glycerin into the molds:
Once the glycerin is liquid:
- Pour the glycerin into the molds.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and flavoring in each mold and stir with a stick.
- Wait to cool.
Take the glycerin soaps out form the molds:
Once the glycerin soap molds are well compact
- Take the glycerin soap out from the molds.
- With a knife, carefully clean the soap, removing the remaining parts of the edges of each soap.
- And… so we get beautiful glycerin soaps as healthy as the following !!!
Watch the video of the whole process
More information on glycerin.
19 March, 2019