Benefits of steamed asparagus
Health properties of steamed asparagus
Steamed asparagus ready to be served
What are steamed asparagus good for?
– Its richness in fiber can be used to prevent constipation.
– Beta-carotene helps improve the appearance of the skin, but also to repair “the skin on the inside”, ie, the digestive mucosa damaged as in cases of gastritis, ulcers or intestinal inflammation.
– Asparagus is one of the richest vegetables in riboflavin, which along with beta carotene, improves vision health.
– Riboflavin also helps to feel energized and it is suitable when tired, for people suffering from stress or fatigue.
– They contain a good dose of folic acid, important in pregnancy and during growth of children. Involved in the metabolism of the amino acid methionine, which is necessary for healthy hair, nails and skin. Asparagus consumption makes our skin look younger and provides it a healthier appearance.
– Another rejuvenating element is zinc, very important for good brain health and as an element that increases fertility and enhances libido.
– Steamed asparagus contain more minerals than boiled asparagus. Among these we include potassium, which helps eliminate fluid retention or edema, in addition to providing very adequate diuretic virtues when there are problems of obesity, arthritis, gout and rheumatic diseases.
Do asparagus increase urine production?
Asparagus tips and their roots are one of the best natural diuretics, being able to increase urine production in large quantities, especially when the accumulation of fluids in the body have a cardiac origin.
Asparagus is especially useful in case of metabolic diseases caused by poor balance of body fluids. Those responsible for this property are amino acid asparagine, asparasaponin, minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium, vitamin C and fiber.
More information on constipation recipes and treatment
28 May, 2021