Depression natural cure
Drawing by courtesy of ©Dibujosparapintar.com
Depression is a mood disorder characterized by a feeling of sadness, melancholy, frustration, or dejection of great intensity over a prolonged period of time.
It is a psychological illness, which can be somatized in other physical symptoms such as indeterminate and transient pains, stomach pain, heartburn, headache, speech problems, diarrhea, choking sensation, palpitations, hypertension, etc.
The advice of a professional physician is necessary to determine which therapy or treatment is most appropriate for each individual case of depression.
Natural treatment of depression
Among the main resources that can be used in the natural treatment to cure depression, we can point out the following:
Antidepressant medicinal plants
Infusions are adequate to relieve some symptoms of depression.
The use of antidepressant plants is very effective in the treatment of mild depression. There are plants with antidepressant properties such as:
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum), whose preparations, used properly, reduce depressive symptoms.
- Passion flower (Passiflora caerulea), ginger (Zingiber officinale), or valerian (Valeriana officinalis) infusions may also be used.
- Other relaxing plants can be used.such as the relaxing and sedating baths made with tranquilizing plants like chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla)
Diet rich in antidepressant foods
Adequate food can prevent certain types of depression or help improve the evolution and recovery of depression.
Certain foods have necessary nutrients for the nervous system or antidepressant properties, because they contain vitamins, minerals, fatty acids or amino acids that will help decrease depressive symptoms. For example:
- Walnuts, because of their content in choline and essential fatty acids, are very interesting for the diet of people with depression.
- Bananas are the richest fruit in magnesium and contains vitamin B, so it is also interesting in cases of depression.
- Foods rich in tryptophan, foods rich in vitamin C or foods rich in folic acid are considered very useful for curing depression.
When foods or medicinal plants are not enough to control the negative symptoms of depression, we can use supplements such as vitamin B supplements that controls the functioning of the nervous system, especially vitamin B1 (thiamin) and folic acid.
More information on depression
23 November, 2020