– 2 cups red currants
– 1 ½ cups of flour.
– 1 tablespoon yeast.
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
– Half a cup of sugar.
– Half a cup of butter.
– 1 ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind.
– Two egg whites.
– Wash and clean the currants and leave them in a colander to drain and dry.
– Mix the flour, yeast, corn flour with ½ cup sugar until dough forms. Let stand for half an hour.
– Preheat oven to 165 º C.
– Flatten the dough into a loaf and place in a round tray.
– Bake the dough for half an hour until well browned.
– Beat the egg whites well.
– Add the remaining sugar and cornstarch. Mix well for about 5 minutes. Add the currants to the mix.
– Divide the dough into two round cakes. Pour the contents of the mixture on one of the baked dough cakes and spread well on the whole mass. Cover with another layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until well browned.
Eat as a dessert.
More information about redcurrants.