Medicinal plants for dry mouth
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR DRY MOUTH
Phytotherapy: Preparations with plants for dry mouth
The phytotherapy for the treatment of the dry mouth is based the use of certain plants whose function will be to increase the production of saliva.
Medicinal external plant preparations for dry mouth
The main plants to treat the dry mouth are:
- Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) The use of chamomile tea helps increase saliva production. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Make gargling with the resulting liquid.) Drink the liquid.
- Green Tea: (Camellia sinensis) for bacterial properties is adequate to eliminate bad breath and protect the mouth against infections that cause inflammation of the gums. At the same time produces an increase in saliva. (Make rinses well loaded infusion of the dried plant. Perform mouthwash mixed with the infusion of tea and sage leaves or strawberry) Drink the liquid.
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) to treat the lack of saliva in the mouth, take one capsule sold in herbal storesPhotography of nutmeg seed, which is ground and used as a spice
- Mint: (Camellia sinensis) for bacterial properties is adequate to eliminate bad breath and protect the mouth against infections that cause inflammation of the gums. At the same time produces an increase in saliva. (Make rinses well loaded infusion of the dried plant. Perform mouthwash mixed with the infusion of tea and sage leaves or strawberry) Drink the liquid.
- Echinacea (Echinacea) This plant is an effective remedy for those who have dry mouth. (Infusion of a spoonful of the dried plant per cup of water. A couple of cups a day) (May be taken as supplements in doses of 600 mg daily, divided into three doses)
- Ginger: (Zingiber officinale) In addition to lead to increased saliva, protects and refreshes bad breath mouth. (Make mouthwash with the infusion of one teaspoon of dried root per cup of water) Drink the liquid.
Ginger cut in slices
- Apple (Malus domestica) apple juice stimulates the production of saliva.
- Carambola (Averrhoa carambola) Carambola is rich in malic acid, a component also present in apples, which sialagogue effect (which stimulates the secretion of saliva)apple juice stimulates the production of saliva (Eat a piece of this fruit)
Remedies to increase saliva
- A diet rich in fruits and vegetables promotes increased saliva.
- Patients with dry mouth can increase salivation by chewing a chewing gum. 10 minutes each hour chewing a sugarless gum helps produce more saliva.
- Coffee and the alcohol dry out the mouth. Foods with sugar produce cavities, especially in those patients who lack sufficient saliva.
- Supplements of beta carotene along with vitamin B can improve the saliva production.
- Dry mouth sufferers should drink plenty of water in small sips throughout the day so that the mouth may have the right liquid.
- There are artificial saliva sprays, that can be very convenient.
- Dry mouth sufferers need to take care of the teeth with a special attention because they lack the adequate saliva to neutralize acids formed in it and can cause cavities. It is appropriate to maintain a very careful brushing and flossing in your dental hygiene.
More information on dry mouth
26 September, 2022