ADVERSE REACTIONS OF OAK MEDICINAL PREPARATIONS
What are oak side effects?
Oak leaves and fruits (acorns)
- Skin reactions: Contact with fresh plant, sawdust, bark or resin may cause allergic reactions on the skin,
- Allergy: Some people can be allergic to oak.
- Vomiting, Abdominal pain and digestive problems by irritation of the gastric mucosa due to high tannin content.
- Constipation: Due to its tannin content, it is an astringent plant.
- Increased diuresis: It has diuretic effect.
Oak tree in pregnancy and lactation
No safe use of these treatments during pregnancy and lactation is known.
Do not take oak remedies if you are pregnant or lactating. Check with your doctor if you have any questions.
More information on oak.
16 September, 2019