EATING PLAN FOR DIARRHEA
How to stop diarrhea
In case of diarrhea, it can be very suitable not to take any food during the first 24 hours. The first thing to do is to stop diarrhea.
This can be done following the preparation recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO):
Preparation to stop diarrhea
– Mix one liter of boiled water with a teaspoon of salt
– Add 8 teaspoons of sugar.
– Drink half a cup every 15 minutes. (You should drink 1 liter of this preparation every 2 hours)
In case of hypertension, you should consult your doctor
After 24 hours, if diarrhea has been stopped, you can follow the following diet during 1 or 2 days:
|Eating plan for diarrhea|
– Breakfast: Boil an apple, two slices of white bread. Drink an infusion of sage leaves.
– Brunch: Carrot juice
– Snack: Pear juice.
In the following days:
Eating plan for diarrhea
– Gradually introduce other foods. (Consult the most suitable foods to choose in the chapter ” Diet for diarrhea” from the above listing)
– Legumes should be cooked very well because, otherwise, they can cause flatulence and diarrhea. (People with a tendency to soft stool should eat them cautiously and only well cooked)
– Drink plenty of water.
Do not drink coffee or alcohol in episodes of diarrhea because their stimulating properties favor water loss.
More information about diarrhea natural treatment.