What foods are rich in glutamic acid?
Foods that contain a lot of glutamic acid are the following:
* Meat products with a lot of glutamic acid
- Milk and dairy products (yogurt, curd, cheese, etc.) especially cheese and protein supplements made from milk powder (whey protein)
- Meat (chicken, pork, turkey, etc)
- Fish (sole, monkfish, salmo, etc.)
* Plant foods with aspartic acid
Photo of lupins: Lupins are, after carob, the richest plant food in glutamic acid. Followed by soybeans, wheat, almonds and chaya.
Some plants, vegetables and algae like kombu are high in glutamic acid. Among these plants, we include:
- Carob seeds
- Soy and its derivatives: tofu, tempeh,…
- Wheat and its derivatives, especially seitan.
- Pumpkin seeds
* Related information:
List of amino acids in food
Essential amino acids
Nonessential amino acids
More information on amino acids.
30 November, 2021