- 1 Prohibited food for autoimmune diseases
- 2 FORBIDDEN FOOD IN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
Prohibited food for autoimmune diseases
RESTRICTIVE DIET TO IMPROVE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
The food restriction protocol to improve autoimmune diseases aims to reduce dietary components that can cause or worsen autoimmune diseases for preventing or ameliorating certain symptoms.
It has been found that some food components produce an immune response and trigger an outbreak or exacerbation onset of these diseases.
As general guidelines it is recommended:
- Medical monitoring: Autoimmune diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, arthritis or Crohn’s disease, always require treatment and medical supervision.
- Proper diet: A poor diet will worsen health and disease symptoms. Many affectations of the intestine are related to allergic reactions, inflammation and even depression.
- Reducing stress has very positive results.
- Get enough sleep: Improving time and sleep quality are other factors that have been shown to improve autoimmune diseases.
FORBIDDEN FOOD IN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
Eliminating forbidden foods will improve autoimmune diseases symptoms.
Overall the general guidelines that have shown positive effects in the treatment of autoimmune diseases are:
- Remove food with gluten (flour, bread, wheat, etc.),
- Eliminate milk and dairy products. Avoid foods that may contain milk among their ingredients.
- Avoid contamination by heavy metals such as mercury (salmon, tuna, swordfish, catfish, perch, big fish in general and broth of fish or seafood) or arsenic (alga hiziki)
- Eliminate alcohol and tobacco, which are very harmful.
- Avoid industrial processed foods and fried snacks. The exclusion of these foods is beneficial in any healthy diet. You should eliminate the ingestion of processed foods, foods high in sugar, high fat foods or trans-fat containing, salty or with many additives (flavor enhancers, artificial sweeteners, emulsifiers, nitrites and nitrates).
- Avoid plants that accumulate many traces of pesticides, mainly strawberries. If consumed, wild recommended, orchard-grown without use of chemical or organic farming. Citrus skins (which are sometimes taken as a tea) also contain pesticide residues.
Food to avoid in the diet to improve autoimmune diseases. Diet must be accompanied by medical monitoring to assess the response to dietary treatment.
Recommendations about eliminating foods
It is recommended to fully restrict all previous food for about 20 days. Later, they can be reintroduced, but the protocol says temporarily remove these foods and assess possible improvements by the doctor before their reintroduction.
The reintroduction of this foods will be done slowly and gradually as directed by your doctor or dietitian. 1 food is recommended every 3 days, observing the reactions of the organism.
Deleting a food in this diet poses no treatment. Changes must be accompanied by other therapies such as relaxation, reduce stress, avoid tobacco, medical treatment, etc. (According to any particular case and medical criteria).
Relaxation techniques and exercise
Relaxation is an essential part of the treatment of these diseases, as depression, stress, nervousness or anxiety, affect them directly.
Other food questions for autoimmune diseases diet
It is necessary to follow medical advice and consult a dietitian
Autoimmune diseases always require treatment and medical supervision. Due to the autoimmune nature, not not perform a treatment is harmful and damaging to the body.
Besides medical treatment, it is highly advisable to dispose of nutritionists, dietitians, expert in the diet of therapy for autoimmune diseases who provide you with personal advice, (Consult dietitians and nutritionists associations in your country or in universities).
More information on autoimmune disease diet and remedies.
14 June, 2021