There are many varieties of mangoes. It is said that in India alone, there are more than a thousand. There are two types from which come all varieties:
– The Indian type, is a monoembryonic variety very commercial and widely exported. It resists little moisture and offers vivid colors.
– The filipino type: A polyembryonic variety enduring great excess moisture. With the fruit more elongated and less colored than the Indian variety. It stands pests better.
The main varieties of mangoes are:
– Apple: with a lot of juice and pretty much acid. It weighs about 350 gr.
– Carabao: It comes from the Philippines. It has lots of fiber, high acidity and juicy. It weighs about 300 gr.
– Irwin, pulpy and slightly fibrous. It weighs between ¼ of a kilo and half a kilo.
– Manila: From Mexico, it has a very yellow flesh with a strong flavor. It weighs about 280 gr.
– Parking: Very little acidity. It weighs ½ kilo.
– Manga Pink: A little sour and juicy. It comes from Brazil.
– Ataulfo: From Hawaii, it is very sweet and aromatic. It weighs between 350 and 700 gr.
– Cambodian: From Cambodia, it has plenty of juice and little fiber.
– Mabruka: From Israel, it has plenty of fiber. Tang and weighing 400 gr.
– Sensation: From Miami (USA), has a very rounded fruit, slightly fibrous and small (200 gr.).
– Pairi: From India, it has a spongy texture and a very rounded aspect. Weighs only ¼ kg.
– Keitt: Variety from India, very sweet and very little fiber. Weighs a pound and 700 gr.
– Julie: It comes from the Caribbean. Is small (about 200 gr.) And has much flavor.
– Zill: It comes from South Africa. Very aromatic and slightly acidic. It weighs about 400 gr.
– Alfonso: From India. One of the most popular and desirable varieties. It has little fiber, much aroma and great taste. It weighs about 300 gr.
More information about mango
12 October, 2021