What are zucchinis like?
Zucchinis or courgettes (Cucurbita spp.) are vegetables.
They are shaped like eggplant, but more elongated and less rounded. Their skin is dark green.
Inside, there is the white flesh with a slightly yellow tinge. Their small seeds are edible. They appear in the center.
Zucchinis have very mild and pleasant flavor.
What are the main nutrients of zucchinis?
As an energy source, 100 grams of zucchini give us 14 kcal.
What do zucchinis contain? Zucchini composition
Its proportion of nutrients is divided into:
- More than 95% is water.
- More than 0.1% fat.
- More than 1% proteins.
- About 3% of carbohydrates.
- A 1.2% of fiber.
Vitamins and minerals of zucchini
Photo of zucchinis
– Zucchinis are rich in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. The have less iron, zinc, sodium, manganese, selenium and copper.
– Considering vitamins, this is is a vegetable rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B9, contains small amounts of vitamin E, among other vitamins of group B.
Nutritional characteristics of zucchini
Photo of fried zucchinis with onion
- It has a very high water content.
- It provides little energy.
- It has a very low fat content.
- It has a low protein content.
- It is low in carbohydrates, especially starches.
- It possess a moderatefiber content.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- It helps maintain our brain function properly, because it contains phosphorus. In addition, together with calcium, it maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- Because of its magnesium content, it helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- By its content of vitamin B9 helps us to grow properly.
- It protects the skin and helps keep it healthy, because it contains vitamin A.
- It protects us from colds and helps us heal wounds, because it contains vitamin C.
- It protects us from the toxins and aging, because it contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium.
Zucchini in the kitchen:
More information about other foods and nutrition.
|*Related information: More information about zucchini|
22 April, 2019