WHAT ARE MATE ADVERSE EFFECTS?
Mate side effects are usually due to the high content of caffeine or mateine, the active principle of the leaves:
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping.
- Nervousness, feeling queasy stomach, restlessness, heartburn.
- Headache, headache
- Palpitations, shivering
- Vomiting, dizziness, nausea
- More frequent urination by the diuretic effect of caffeine.
- Dermatitis: the leaves may cause dermatitis or irritation by direct contact with the skin fresh plant.
Mate contains a lot of caffeine
Each person may have different degrees of tolerance to caffeine, so that a single dose may cause different effects on different people.
Caffeine is a substance used by 80% of the adult population in the United States, and in all developed countries the percentage of use among adults is high. This substance is found in many food products and energy drinks. It is important to assess all dietary sources of caffeine to avoid side effects.
Through various sources we can ingest more caffeine than the recommended. One should never exceed 300mg. of caffeine a day maximum.
* More information: Caffeine in foods.
More information on mate.
22 December, 2021