- 1 Natural remedies for migraine
- 1.1 Aromatherapy: Essential oils for migraine
- 1.2 What are the main essential oils for migraine?
- 1.3 Hydrotherapy. Therapeutic use of water for the treatment of migraine
- 1.4 Foot baths and general baths for the treatment of migraine
- 1.5 Relaxation techniques for migraine
- 1.6 Massages for the treatment of migraine
Natural remedies for migraine
In addition to preparations with medicinal plants (phytotherapy), we have a series of alternative treatments that are very interesting for the treatment of migraine. Among all of them, we can mention the following:
Aromatherapy: Essential oils for migraine
The essential oils, diluted in olive oil, are used in aromatherapy for the treatment of migraine. For this purpose, a few drops are diluted and then a massage is applied with wet fingers with this oil on the temples.
What are the main essential oils for migraine?
Among the main essential oils for migraine we have:
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lemon balm essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
Hydrotherapy. Therapeutic use of water for the treatment of migraine
The healing properties of water can be used to reduce the symptoms of migraine. Normally, the hydrotherapy treatment is based on an alternation of a hot shower of short duration, followed by a long cold shower. The contrast between hot and cold water in many cases improves patients with migraine.
Foot baths and general baths for the treatment of migraine
Foot baths have a very positive effect against the treatment of migraine, especially when we include medicinal herbs or essential oils in the water of the baths. It is important that the bath water is lukewarm (38 or 39 ºC) Among the main baths that we can apply we have the baths with mint essential oil (We add 3 or 4 drops of mint essential oil in the bath water)
Even more famous are the famous mustard baths.
HOW BATHS WITH MUSTARD ARE CARRIED OUT
There are two ways to prepare it:
Relaxation techniques for migraine
Since migraine presents in many cases a tensional origin, relaxation techniques can be used to reduce tension and improve or prevent the onset of migraines.
Massages for the treatment of migraine
Massages provided adequately by a specialist help reduce the tension, nervousness or anxiety that are triggers of migraine.
There are many varieties or techniques of massage that can be useful in this regard. For example:
- Therapeutic massage and especially the antistress therapeutic massage.
- Ayurvedic massage
- Automassage: Apply a selfmassage by pressing the parts of the body that are tense (the neck, shoulders, the space of the palm of the hand between the thumb and forefinger)
More information on migraine.
19 June, 2020