When you should not eat orach
What contraindications does orach present?
- Allergy: People with allergies to plants may have an allergy to orach. The pollen of this plant is highly allergenic.
- Dermatitis: This plant can produce contact dermatitis.
- Pregnancy and lactation:Do not take orach during pregnancy and lactation because it is a plant with saponins.
- Gout: people with gout should avoid consuming orach for its oxalate content. Oxalates make it difficult to eliminate uric acid.
- Stones in the kidney: people with kidney stones or with a history of kidney stones should avoid consumption of armuelle for its content of oxalates.
More information on orach
Written by Editorial Botanical-online team in charge of content writing
5 June, 2019