- 1 Alternative medicine to cure migraine
- 1.1 ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES FOR THE TREATMENT OF MIGRAINE
- 1.2 Aromatherapy: Essential oils for migraine
- 1.3 What are the main essential oils for migraine?
- 1.4 Hydrotherapy. Therapeutic use of water for the treatment of migraine
- 1.5 Foot baths and general baths for the treatment of migraine
- 1.6 Acupressure for migraine
- 1.7 Lymphatic drainage for headache
- 1.8 Relaxation techniques for migraine
- 1.9 Massages for the treatment of migraine
- 1.10 Acupuncture for the treatment of migraine
Alternative medicine to cure migraine
ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES FOR THE TREATMENT OF MIGRAINE
In addition to preparations with medicinal plants (phytotherapy), we have a series of alternative medicines that are very interesting for the treatment of migraine. Among all of them, we can mention the following:
Aromatherapy: Essential oils for migraine
The essential oils, diluted in olive oil, are used in aromatherapy for the treatment of migraine. For this purpose, a few drops are diluted and then a massage is applied with wet fingers with this oil on the temples.
What are the main essential oils for migraine?
Among the main essential oils for migraine we have:
Hydrotherapy. Therapeutic use of water for the treatment of migraine
The healing properties of water can be used to reduce the symptoms of migraine. Normally, the hydrotherapy treatment is based on an alternation of a hot shower of short duration, followed by a long cold shower. The contrast between hot and cold water in many cases improves patients with migraine.
Foot baths and general baths for the treatment of migraine
Foot baths have a very positive effect against the treatment of migraine, especially when we include medicinal herbs or essential oils in the water of the baths. It is important that the bath water is lukewarm (38 or 39 ºC) Among the main baths that we can apply we have the baths with mint essential oil (We add 3 or 4 drops of mint essential oil in the bath water)
Even more famous are the famous mustard baths.
HOW BATHS WITH MUSTARD ARE CARRIED OUT
There are two ways to prepare it:
Acupressure for migraine
The use of acupressure techniques has been very positive in many cases of migraine, given that one of the main benefits of acupressure is pain relief. A specialist can press on the most suitable area to obtain positive results.
Lymphatic drainage for headache
In case of headache or migraine, with lymphatic drainage a decrease in the intensity and frequency of the onset of attacks is achieved. Its beneficial effect is due to its soothing and relaxing action and its anti-oedematous effect (eliminatory of liquids) on possible microedema that sometimes exist in the vascular wall.
Relaxation techniques for migraine
Since migraine presents in many cases a tensional origin, relaxation techniques can be used to reduce tension and improve or prevent the onset of migraines. Among the most recommended relaxation techniques we have the following:
- Respiratory exercises: Control breathing, breathe deeply using the diaphragm
Massages for the treatment of migraine
Massages provided adequately by a specialist help reduce the tension, nervousness or anxiety that are triggers of migraine.
There are many varieties or techniques of massage that can be useful in this regard. For example:
- Shiatsu: Among many other aspects is recommended especially for headache or migraine. (See more information)
- Therapeutic massage and especially the antistress therapeutic massage.
- Ayurvedic massage
- Automassage: Apply a selfmassage by pressing the parts of the body that are tense (the neck, shoulders, the space of the palm of the hand between the thumb and forefinger)
Acupuncture for the treatment of migraine
Acupuncture and especially that which is aimed at treating anxiety problems improves the conditions of people who have a tendency to suffer from migraine attacks. It has been proven that acupuncture is a good resource to reduce pain.
More information on migraine.