Chocolate cake with walnuts and apricot jam
– 6 eggs
– 200 gr. of flour
– 200 gr. of apricot jam
– 150 gr. of sugar
– 12 nuts
– 125 ml of olive oil.
– 1 tablet of black chocolate.
– 1 sachet of yeast
– Mix the sugar with the egg yolks and oil. Beat well.
– Add the chocolate in a water bath previously melted in Bain Marie. (To do this we introduce the chocolate in a pan and this is placed inside another container with boiling water. In this way, with a wooden spoon, we let the chocolate stirring until it is well dissolved) One third of the chocolate is reserved to cover the cake later.
– Whisk the ehgg whites hard until peaks form (without the yolks), and until they look like fluffy snow, and add them to the mix.
– Add the nuts, reserving a few pieces to decorate the cake.
– Add the flour and yeast and stir the whole mixture well.
– Bake for 25 minutes at 200 º C. (Before placing the cake in the oven, it should already be pre-heated)
– Once cooked, cut the cake into two layers and fill one with apricot jam. Place the other part on top, cover the entire cake with hot chocolate and decorate it with walnuts.
Ideas for serving:
Serve as a dessert
More information about apricots.
Related information: Apricot Salad
26 May, 2021