How to prepare chestnut jam
EASY RECIPE OF CHESTNUT JAM
Ingredients for four people
- Make a cut on every chestnut. Start the water to boil and introduce the chestnuts for ¼ hour when the water begins to boil.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the water cool with chestnuts.
- Mix the water and sugar till forming a syrup.
- Remove the chestnuts from the water and peel them. Pour the chestnuts in the water with sugar (syrup). Add the vanilla stick.
- Put the pot with chestnuts on the fire. Bring to the boil stirring constantly until the chestnuts dissolve and the mixture becomes thick.
- Turn off the heat and, once the jam has cooled, store it in crystal jars.
- Ways to serve: Eat as side dish at room temperature.
More information on chestnut tree.
2 December, 2021