Typical German bread recipe
What is Knäckebrot?
Knackebrot is a typical German crisp bread (“Knack”), made with butter and seeds. This type of bread is not fluffy, but a “cracker” ideal with cheese spread or used as a snack.
– 1 and ⅓ cups rye flour
– ¾ teaspoon sugar
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 70g butter, melted
– ⅓ cup milk, a little more could be added if necessary.
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 1 tablespoon of flax seed
– 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
– Mix the flour with sugar, salt and butter.
– Add the milk slowly while kneading it until a firm dough.
– Dump the dough on a floured surface and knead previously until it is fine.
– Cut strips or cakes (as we want to be) of the mass.
– Place the strips in a baking tray with baking paper greased with butter or oil.
– Bake it for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
More information about rye.
22 April, 2019