How to make rice with vegetables
RICE WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE
Ingredients of rice with vegetables
– 1 cup of white or Brown Rice
– 2 and ½ glasses of water
– 1 onion
– 1 red pepper
– 2 carrots
– A bunch of green beans
– 1 bay leaf
– Pinch of salt
How to prepare rice with vegetables
– Wash the rice.
– In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boil with a little salt.
– When the water starts to boil, pour the rice, lower the heat and cover. The rice will take about 35 minutes to cook. It is important not to uncover the pot continouslly, to prevent water vapor from escaping.
– Cut the onion into cubes.
– Wash and cut the pepper into cubes.
– In a skillet, saute the onion with olive oil, a little salt and a a bay leaf for 5 minutes over medium heat.
– Add the pepper and stir.
– Wash, peel and cut the carrots into small pieces
– Wash and cut the green beans into pieces
– Add the carrots, green beans, a pinch of salt and cover. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
– When the rice is cooked, add the fied vegetables. If we respect the proportion of 1 cup rice 2 cups water, it should not be necessary to strain it, since it is just enough water to cook.
– Remove the rice and cover for 5 minutes in order for it to absorb the aromas.
– Serve as a main dish.
Nutritional properties of rice with vegetables
Brown rice with vegetables is a healthy main dish that can be present in any balanced and healthy diet. This recipe provides us slow carbohydrate absorption from the whole grain, offering energy and satiety for the entire afternoon. The advantage of using brown rice is that it contains more fiber than the refined one, so it can help normalize bowel habits, treat constipation, plus the benefits of cholesterol-lowering fiber.
Vegetables provide color and flavor to the recipe, and the properties of the flavonoids, plant antioxidant substances that protect cardiovascular health and improve the health status of the organism. Some of these components are beta carotene from carrots, lycopene from peppers and quercetin from onions.
We recommend this delicious recipe for children, youth and adults, as it provides all the energy needed for growth and for everyday tasks. It is suitable for vegetarians, vegan diets and gluten-free (celiac). People with diabetes or obesity can also take it, but rations should be controlled.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties.