Amaranth joy recipe
- 6 tablespoons of honey. It also can be made with panela sugar.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup washed and drained amaranth.
- Pop the amaranth in a skillet over medium heat, like popcorn.
- Mix 6 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon butter, and boil the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 5-8 minutes.
- When the mass becomes homogeneous, hot and lightly browned, add the amaranth and mix all the ingredients.
- Optionally, add sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, or dried fruit.
- Remove from heat and knead on a tray. Cut with the desired form (in the form of bars, hearts, etc.). And cool.
Properties of amaranth joy
The main virtue of this recipe can primarily be the pleasure of developing a traditional recipe made with a grain almost forgotten. It has survived colonization and many years of history.
This recipe is suitable for coeliacs diet.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.