BUCKWHEAT BLINIS RECIPE
"Panqueques, Galettes de sarrasin"
(Food without gluten)
Traditional Slavic recipe
Blinis, also known by the name of blintz, is a kind of traditional cake pan of Slavic peoples, typically from Russia, Poland, Belarus and Ukraine.
Our version would be the blinis pancakes, although these are much thinner than blinis, which can be served without any filling.
Blinis are baked or fried, and serve as an accompaniment to dishes of smoked fish and eggs. The drink that often accompanies meals blinis is vodka or white wine.
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 80g of wheat flour
- 75g sour cream (known as sour cream, sour cream in English or, in Italian, panna sour).
- 1 egg
- 125g of milk
- 20g butter
- � packet of yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- � teaspoon olive oil
- Mix the two types of flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add the warm milk, softened butter, egg yolk and sour cream. Cover and let stand for half an hour.
- Add the egg white until stiff.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons per piece in the pan and fry on both sides. It should be of a thickness approximately 1-2 fingers.
- Unused dough can be stored in refrigerator.
The properties of this recipe are, firstly, to present one of the traditional cakes of Russian cuisine and expand the variety of cuisine from our kitchen. It is a tasty and caloric supplement that can help to gain weight, or increase the protein quality of vegetarian meals accompanied with this bread.
A gluten free recipe, ideal for people with celiac disease.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.